Saturday, August 09, 2008

Don't Take That Picture!

Did you know it's against the law to get within 75 feet or yards, not sure, of an abandoned seal? They can put you in jail for that! I found out the hard way when I saw what I thought was a dead baby seal pup and went to take a picture of it. It wasn't too much longer when some guy started to yell at me and telling me about the jail and so I left, said "sorry, thought it was dead!"

I'M SORRY, I'M SORRY!!!! I couldn't resist though because I just read this book called "The Year in Fog" And it starts out with a lady taking a picture of a dead seal pup (and it didn't mention anything about jail ) and the next thing you know her little girl vanishes. I wanted the picture to show my mom who also read the book and tell her I was afraid my hubs was going to vanish if I took the picture, he didn't but it was a close call.
Okay, okay, now I know, I won't ever do it again! I feel so guilty!:(

4 comments:

gary rith said...

What a beautiful creature. What happened to it? Did it enjoy the sun then swim away?

joyful said...

Good pictures..even if you almost ended up in jail! How are you feeling? Leaving tomorrow?

Fortune Cookies said...

almost getting arrested for enjoying nature is a splendidly good time, isn't it? Glad you got the shot! He/she's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you were willing to risk jail time and a vanishing hubby to take those pics? What a rebel you are! (great pics though!)